Our Pet Resort
The Sawtooth Animal Center's boarding facility is the premier pet resort in the Wood River Valley offering the best in overnight boarding and doggie daycare.
Our staff is dedicated to helping your pets feel safe, loved, and happy while you are away. Our resort staff has been carefully selected and have recieved extensive training and education on animal care and behavior.
We encourage you to tour our facilities so you can see how much fun your pets can have. The Sawtooth Animal Center will make sure your pets are on a fun vacation while you are away!
The Sawtooth Animal Center's overnight boarding facility strives to create a comfortable environment that will surely please your pet. At the Sawtooth Animal Center boredom is never an issue. Our Pet Resort provides the following:
- Approximately a half acre, your dogs have access to our safe fenced play areas
- Swimming pools and air conditioning during the summer
- Squeaky toys and tennis balls galore throughout our facility
- Radiant heated flooring in the kennel areas
- Special play area for socialized small breeds
- Doggie movies to relax and pamper your pet
- Treats rewarded for good behavior. "GOOD DOG!"
The Sawtooth Animal Center offers three different overnight boarding accommodations for your dogs:
- 8X9 Luxury suites with their own outdoor patio - The largest personalized suites in the Wood River Valley
- 4X6 Kennel runs - Outdoor access during the day
- Small breed condos - Sizes vary
Your cats are welcome at Sawtooth Animal Center as we have our own dedicated cat room where each cat is provided it's own condo. The cat area has individual condos as well as a sunny play room, and a safe outdoor yard for good weather romps.
- When space is available these condos can be enlarged to twice the size to allow for luxury lounging to delite the finicky feline
- The Sun Room is our luxury cat suite and can be used for family visits between dogs and cats
- All cats have daily access outside their condos to our feline playroom
Small Mammals, Feathered Friends, & Exotics
Parrots, hamsters, and lizards, ohh my! Exclusive to the Sawtooth Animal Center is our exotics room! We have the capability to house everything from ferrets, bunnies, hamsters, guinea pigs, birds of all shapes and sizes, as well as other types of reptiles and amphibians. If you have an exotic pet that needs care while you are away, please contact us at (208) 788-2593, and we can provide information on housing your pet.
What to bring for a sleepover at our boarding facility
- Medications - clearly labeled with pets name, prescribing doctor, and dosage
- We offer several premium pet foods. If your dog is on a special diet, prefers gourmet foods, or homemade foods we ask that you bring their own food, to limit upset stomachs.
- We provide beds, for sanitary reasons we launder everything daily
- We provide blankets, bowls, and toys
- If you feel you must bring something from home for your pet, do not bring anything uniquely valuable as we cannot guarantee the safe return of these items
- Choke chains are not allowed
Vaccinations are required before staying in our facilities. If no records are provided, or the records are found to be expired, your pet will be examined and vaccinated by one of our doctors at your expense. To board your animals we require the following vaccinations:
Dogs: DAPP (Distemper, Adenovirus, Parvo virus, and Parainfluenza), Rabies, and Bordetella (Canine cough)
Cats: FELV (Feline Leukemia), FVRCP (Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calici, Panleukopenia, Chlamydia, and Psittaci viruses), and Rabies
We offer a variety of other services for your pet, at an additional cost:
- Bubble baths
- Medicated baths or skunk baths
- Nail trims
- Bike path walks
Boarding Request Form
If you would like to request lodging for your pet, please fill out this form, and we will e-mail you back with a confirmation within the next 24 hours.
Too busy running errands, or working long hours while wishing you could spend more time keeping your pet company? Try our doggy daycare, or as we like to call it playcare! At the Sawtooth Animal Center, our Doggy Daycare service provides exercise, playtime, and socialization that are vital for your dog’s health and development. Doggy Daycare is also perfect for socializing your puppy to people, as well as other dogs during their formative years.
While you leave your dog to play in our facility we provide plenty of stimulating activities. Our yards provide lots of roaming room, and we have a variety of toys, playsets, and even movies to keep your pets attention occupied. Your pet gets plenty of attention from our friendly well trained staff.
We recommend at least one day of doggy daycare prior to your dog’s first overnight boarding stay. A day in doggy daycare will give your dog a chance to get to know our staff and the environment. This will help minimize the stress and separation anxiety for their boarding experience. We are so committed to making sure that your pet has a good experience at our facility, that we provide the first day of day care free of charge.